"Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may
remember, involve me and I learn"
Who Should Apply for the Enhanced Scholarship
The Enhanced Scholarship is for those in either two or four year degree programs at accredited Colleges and Universities.
The Enhanced Scholarship is awarded based on community involvement, an essay explaining why you should be considered and need. Finalists will be interviewed by the committee.
“Enhanced” means recipients may qualify for another scholarship in subsequent years of their degree program. These awards are subject to meeting a higher grade point average, maintaining a full course load, not being on social probation and providing proof of community service.
Once you have completed the application, upload your academic transcript and click on the SUBMIT button.
(Upload link at bottom of the application)
If you prefer, you may Click Here to access a PDF of the Enhanced Scholarship application to complete and mail.
About the Scholarships
The Rotary Club of Marblehead Harbor (RCoMH) will award a number of scholarships for 2018.
The RCoMH will choose one (1) recipient for the The Fraffie Welch Scholarship - a four (4) year scholarship of $2500 per year ($10,000 over four years).
The recipients of other RCoMH scholarships will each be awarded lesser amounts up to a combined total of $6,000. These scholarships will be in the form of single year grants that are not renewable.
- Fully complete and sign the application
- Include a copy of your most recent academic transcript
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS OR APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
2. SUBMISSION DEADLINE:
The application must be received by Monday April 2, 2018 at 4:00 pm
3. SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
- Through this website application, or
- Mail to Ms. Lee Weed, 33 Intrepid Circle Unit 108 Marblehead, MA 01945, or
- Drop it off at Marblehead Bank, 21 Atlantic Ave. Marblehead, MA Attn: Bill Bartin
- Any graduating senior of Marblehead High School
- A graduating senior from another high school who is a resident of Marblehead
- The graduate intends to pursue a degree from an accredited college, university or vocational school beginning the following semester
- Children and grand-children of Rotarians are not eligible to apply
5. THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS AN INDIVIDUAL:
- Who has a strong academic record
- Has demonstrated leadership, determination and integrity
- Who can best represent the values of Rotary - building goodwill and friendship, high ethical standards, concern about the needs of society and the ideal of service above self.
6. The Rotary Club of Marblehead Harbor sponsorship program does not discriminate by race, color, creed, gender, sexual preference, disability or national origin.
7. Financial need will be considered.
8. Finalists may be asked to meet with the scholarship committee to review this information. The applicant will be contacted to set up an interview date.