HOW TO DONATE
The Rotary Club of Marblehead Harbor Enhanced Scholarship Trust, informally known as Marblehead Scholarship, wants to make it easy for you to donate whether by writing a check, making an automatic monthly contribution, in memory of a loved one, or a more complex estate planning gift. We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. We will answer your questions and guide you either in person or through our website, www.MarbleheadScholarship.org. Here are some of the options available:
- By Check: Make payable to “Marblehead Scholarship” and give to any member of the Rotary Club Of Marblehead Harbor or mail to us at P.O. Box 41, Marblehead, MA 01945.
Donated funds will be used to support all scholarships.
- Online Giving: Go to “www.Marblehead Scholarship.org” and click on “Donate”. Then select the amount and frequency that you want to contribute. You’ll be given the choice of paying the three percent handling fee, helping our scholars even more.
- Stock: Publicly traded investments can be donated directly by transferring the title. Each investment firm has its own process, so we will be glad to work with your broker or financial advisor. Stocks not publicly traded (closely held companies) can be donated too, but require a different process.
- Donor Advised Funds (“DAF’s”): If you use a checkbook for your DAF, make the check payable to “Marblehead Scholarship” and give to any member of the Rotary Club of Marblehead Harbor or mail it to us at P.O. Box 41, Marblehead, MA 01945. If you donate online with your DAF, type in Rotary Club of Marblehead Harbor Enhanced Scholarship Trust or our tax ID 56-2591434.
- A Bequest: You can make Marblehead Scholarship a beneficiary of your estate, your life insurance, IRA, or 401(k). It is advisable to consult your attorney or financial advisor regarding the details of your request. We are glad to work with them.
- Advanced Planning: Charitable Remainder Trusts, Charitable Lead Trusts, Charitable Annuities, and similar planning techniques are other ways to donate. We will work with you and your advisor(s) on a case by case basis.
- Other Assets: We are glad to accept gifts of real estate, art, boats and vehicles or other non-financial assets on a case by case basis.
- Time and Talent: If you feel as we do that this is a cause worthy of your skills, just speak to any member of the Rotary Club of Marblehead Harbor and they will connect you with the person who can help you get involved.
For details and general questions, please contact John Lindahl, Fundraising Chair, or call him at 781-929-0999.
Thank you for your support!